Image Map

art in the works >> floral sketchy-ness



I sketched this out the other day. I can't wait to get started on my floral paintings. First, I have a typography print or two to get finished.

I am a sloppy sketcher (maybe using the word "abstract" would be more flattering...), but that's why I like it. If I think too much it feels less "me" and my art comes out completely different than how I pictured it would in my head. And I like what's in my head. I have learned that a quick sketch first and a careful paint job later is the trick.

Today is 100% painting day. Nora and I will whip out the supplies, roll-up our sleeves, and paint for hours. Byron will visit for a few strokes of Crayola watercolor goodness and then return to his beloved cars.

It's a happy life when we are all creating.

  Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Friday!! This is gonna be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete