Image Map

eat up >> southern cinnamon banana pudding

I've got the hook-ups to some down south cooking and I am oh so grateful that I do.

My mom was born and raised in Louisiana. Mom met my Pacific Northwestern father and somehow they ended up in Arizona. My mom's family followed her out here and brought with them their Southern dishes.
This recipe is just one of the crowd-pleasers. And I added some cinnamon--because how can you go wrong with a little cinnamon? You can't.

If you are in a pinch--go ahead and throw some Kool Whip in their instead of whipping your own cream. I won't tell a soul.

I love banana. I love pudding. I love cookies. Therefore, I also love Southern Banana Pudding. The end.

...........................................


Southern Cinnamon Banana Pudding

www.glad-heart.blogspot.com

1 box of 'Nilla Wafers cookies
3-4 bananas, sliced into rounds
4 c. whole milk (or other milk...but whole is yummier)
1  3.4 oz pkg of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1  3.4 oz pkg of Instant Banana Pudding
1  8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temp.
1  14 oz cab sweetened condensed milk
5  dashes of cinnamon
1  pt heavy cream, whipped (or Kool Whip if your in a bind)

1 >> Whisk together Instant puddings and milk in large bowl for 2 minutes. 
Set aside.
2 >> In separate bowl, stir together cream cheese, cinnamon, and 
condensed milk. Add cream cheese mixture and whipped cream to pudding
mixture. Fold.
3 >> In a trifle bowl (or individual serving dishes), layer Nilla Wafers, 
bananas, and 1/3 of pudding mixture. Repeat two more times (making three
layers) ending with pudding on top.
4 >> Chill until time to serve.

...........................................


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Yummo!! PS...thanks for the thank you bread you brought to our house....we're both wearing it plastered all over our butts!! the end

    ReplyDelete